Windows Web Hosting
Windows Web Hosting packages from Onlive Server are the ideal choice for businesses and individuals looking to develop their websites using Windows Web Hosting services. In addition to offering features that help with the maintenance of your websites, such as automatic backups and daily restarts. We provide you with high-performance storage and connection speeds. That ensures your site loads quickly and without error time after time. This not only makes your website more appealing to visitors. It also provides you with the credibility you need to stay ahead of the competition online. All sites hosted with windows web hosting use IIS, Internet Information Services, as their server-side web server. Websites hosted with windows web hosting can be installed on shared or dedicated servers. It is recommended that websites being migrated to windows web host are running on ASP (Active Server Pages) and utilizing Microsoft Access databases, however, there are also hosting providers that host PHP/MySQL applications on Windows servers.
Where to Get Windows Web Hosting?
If you are trying to find a place to get Windows Web Hosting, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost and if it is worth it. After all, there are many different types of web hosting services. Out there is shared web hosting, virtual private server (VPS), and dedicated server.It costs nothing to find out what benefits each has to offer. And why one might be better than another in your situation. Fortunately, we here at Onlive Server have put together some info on their Windows web hosting service.
That may help you make a decision. Their servers are optimized specifically for Microsoft operating systems. Such as Exchange servers or SQL servers as well as web applications running under IIS or Apache software. They even have instructions on how to transfer your site using FTP with an MS-DOS command-line tool.
Linux and Windows Web Hosting
To start with:
- Shared Server hosting is completely distinct from dedicated and shared server hosting. For the ones migrating from shared server hosting to Shared, there are some significant choices worth making.
- Choosing between the Linux and Windows operating systems is one of the most significant decisions to make once you have bought a virtual private server hosting plan. Both these operating systems share varied similarities while facilitating some of the most common and basic functionalities at the same time.
- Both the operating systems have the ability of running applications, support resource scaling and store mission-critical data.
Now, these are the most basic features of virtual private server hosting. Therefore, it can be rightly concluded that any one of the operating systems is perfect for Shared server hosting. Nevertheless, there are certain differences that also need to be considered by users who have this objective of making the most out of their virtual private servers as per the different applications that need to be run.
The most wonderful differences between Windows Webhosting and Linux Shared hosts lies in the following:
- Scripts and
- Database languages
If you have plans to add certain Windows applications to your business site, including ASP and .NET languages, MS SQL and Visual Basic databases, and the like, it becomes important for you to buy Windows Shared hosting. For all the other varied functionalities and purposes, it will be comfortable for you to go for Linux Shared hosting.
Features of Windows Web Hosting
Some of the most remarkable features of Windows web hosting are as follows:
- The most attractive feature of the Windows Shared server is its highly intuitive interface simplifying all hosting-related functionalities and operations.
- It is always a safe idea to buy Windows Web hosting if business procedures are specifically designed to completely depend on Microsoft apps and software programs. For instance, if you have plans of designing your business site with the ASP.NET framework, it is important for you to make the choice of a Windows Shared server for the top-quality performance of your site.
- Yet another important advantage of Windows Shared servers is their ability to operate remote desktops. The servers facilitate top quality and easy access to Shared server hosting through a super intuitive interface. Dissimilar to the Linux Shared server hosting environment that requires the Secure Shell protocol for the management of the server, Windows Shared enables hassle-free and easy options for the management of server operations.
- Coming to control panel options, Windows Shared servers are managed through the Plesk control panel, while the Linux Shared servers are managed through cPanel. Here again, Windows Shared scores far above Linux in terms of comfortability for the users. And all credits for this goes to its highly intuitive GUI.
For Web Hosting there are many options available. But the matter of fact is that the Windows Shared server hosting environment is far better than anything else. It is always a good deal to go for Windows Shared servers, considering how feature-rich and fast. They are in providing the growth potential required by different developing websites. With the right kind of setup, Cheap Reseller Hosting has definitely proved to be one of the safest and the most secured virtual private servers. Therefore, if you do not want to make any compromises on security and safety, then going for Windows Shared will be the right option for you. When there is FTP access needed for transferring files from computers to networks and vice versa, Windows Shared can prove to be highly advantageous.